Subject: Re: bug#7257: [PATCH] Correct typos in date

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:50:28 -0600

On 10/21/2010 01:19 AM, Tobias Quathamer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I've found three typos in the date program. I've attached a
> patch correcting those.

Thanks for the patch.  I agree that "e.g., text" is more grammatically 
correct than "e.g. text" given our bias to en_US in the source code (the 
same cannot be said of en_UK), so I've applied it, after fixing up the 
commit message to include a ChangeLog attribution of the file and method 
changed, and fixing the subject line to match conventions:

date: correct typos in date --help

There are several instances throughout the rest of coreutils ('git grep 
-l 'e\.g\.[^,]' | wc -l' lists 70 files, although not all of them carry 
the same weight); we should probably clean all of those.  Since a typo 
fix falls under the trivial rule, I think we can accept a patch from you 
even though it would be longer than the normal 10 line cutoff for 
needing copyright assignment.  Would you mind helping in this effort?

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org