Subject: bug#72563: closed (Re: bug#72563: Guix bug report)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 09:56:04 +0000

Your bug report

#72563: Guix bug report

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72563: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72563
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72563: Guix bug report
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Aidan Hall <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 11:53:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Thanks for your report and sorry for the late reply.

On Sat, 10 Aug 2024 at 11:04, Aidan Hall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
> ERROR:
>   1. &nar-error:
>       file: #f
>       port: #<input-output: file 10>
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/clp5j2mkk6xw6cnm2y3zm48zyc18bvcc-compute-guix-derivation'
> failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "bc71034f789603349080c2f35570910c07d526ec"; system: "x86_64-linux";
> host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).

I think this bug

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/72563

is transient and/or part of the series [1].

Therefore I’m closing.  Feel free to reopen if I’m missing something.

Cheers,
simon

1: toward a plan? (was Re: Reducing "You found a bug" reports)
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Tue, 10 Sep 2024 16:51:09 +0200
id:[email-masked]
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-09
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

Subject: Guix bug report
From: Aidan Hall <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2024 11:04:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

aidan@asymptote:~/dots [env]$ guix pull
hint: Consider installing the `glibc-locales' package and defining
`GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

     guix install glibc-locales
     export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
receiving objects   2% [#                                                     receiving objects   3% [#                                 indexing objects  94% [#####################################################indexing objects 100% [#####################################################Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to bc71034 (34,518 new commits)...
[                                                                           [                                                                           [                                                                           [                                                                                               [################                                                           [################                                                           [################                                       Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git bc71034
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/al0d6f30wj4f4w68v2gqdkb367v75f4x-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/60h4f5jy7x05bgwjxp41gg5wsypaixn6-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/n5w7gbkyyiav73f9yypafvw2n6z5jq8n-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/ir53kps5hdqa1lywv4wrfb87sjyhjajb-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/r3sakj0p24k9d1ms97sfvlsanzg5dgh8-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/rih79cp8vzc09989xv83ndnvazd8ah1d-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/b0xg8v03b9wf8hfb3zkxy24bd1rdagfw-module-import-compiled.drv...
building /gnu/store/j1pymq90r5i5lnvxly8hfndd15l24jf1-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 bash-static-5.1.16  700KiB         102.9MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 glibc-2.35  8.5MiB                  83.6MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  588KiB          417KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 gcc-11.3.0-lib  5.4MiB               4.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 bash-minimal-5.1.16  589KiB          8.8MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libffi-3.4.4  56KiB                   49KiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 libgc-8.2.2  228KiB                  1.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 libunistring-1.0  529KiB             6.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 pkg-config-0.29.2  187KiB            670KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.9  8.1MiB                  5.4MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-3.0.9-debug  7.8MiB            4.3MiB/s 00:02 [##################] 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 glibc-utf8-locales-2.35  382KiB    640.7MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0/
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
|Backtrace: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'...   0.0%
          17 (primitive-load "/gnu/store/clp5j2mkk6xw6cnm2y3zm48zyc18bvcc-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    155:9 16 (_ _)
    159:9 15 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    152:2 14 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
    152:2 13 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2210:24 12 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0> #<procedure 7f67c6302eb0 at ./guix/self.scm:13?> ?)
   2038:8 11 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
   299:22 10 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
   1205:2  9 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
   1072:2  8 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
    913:4  7 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
In ./guix/store.scm:
  2095:12  6 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0>)
   1433:5  5 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0> #<procedure 7f67bc5bde40 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
  1449:15  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0> ("/gnu/store/0ynydv8p67ix5q8wvlklwdcx40m0ykp5-gnutls-3.8?" ?) ?)
  1449:15  3 (loop #f)
   746:11  2 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7f67d4676aa0> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
   101:11  1 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)
     79:6  0 (get-bytevector-n* #<input-output: file 10> 8)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure get-bytevector-n*:
ERROR:
  1. &nar-error:
      file: #f
      port: #<input-output: file 10>
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/clp5j2mkk6xw6cnm2y3zm48zyc18bvcc-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: "bc71034f789603349080c2f35570910c07d526ec"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

aidan@asymptote:~ [env]$ neofetch
       _,met$$$$$gg.          aidan@asymptote
    ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P.       ---------------
  ,g$$P"     """Y$$.".        OS: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm) x86_64
 ,$$P'              `$$$.     Kernel: 6.1.0-23-amd64
',$$P       ,ggs.     `$$b:   Uptime: 23 mins
`d$$'     ,$P"'   .    $$$    Packages: 1697 (dpkg)
 $$P      d$'     ,    $$P    Shell: bash 5.1.8
 $$:      $$.   -    ,d$$'    Resolution: 1920x1080
 $$;      Y$b._   _,d$P'      DE: GNOME 43.9
 Y$$.    `.`"Y$$$$P"'         WM: Mutter
 `$$b      "-.__              WM Theme: Adwaita
  `Y$$                        Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
   `Y$$.                      Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
     `$$b.                    Terminal: guix
       `Y$$b.                 CPU: Intel i5-4670K (4) @ 3.800GHz
          `"Y$b._             GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
              `"""            Memory: 3345MiB / 15927MiB