Subject: Re: Convert non-ASCII letters to hexadecimal? vs control chars.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 18:14:21 +0200

[email-masked] writes:

>       (if (or report-emacs-bug-no-confirmation
>               (y-or-n-p "Convert non-ASCII letters to hexadecimal? "))

[...]

> Anyway, the typical scenario is the user is asked to submit a backtrace,
> and of course backtraces are full of nasty (useful, even?) binary mess
> characters, which triggers multiple question upon trying to send, some
> from the above, some from message.el.

Yeah, that seems really suboptimal, but I'm not sure what the fix should
be.  Converting everything to hex seems rather odd, since that would
make látin and unicode characters also be hexified, which is weird.

I think the right fix is to remove this question altogether from
emacsbug.el, and inhibit the "remove non-printable characters" query
from message.el.

Any objections?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen