Subject: Re: bug#7255:

From: C de-Avillez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 18:18:27 -0500

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 00:28:40 +0200
Artur Rona <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I am not an author of this patch, just only forwarder. We would like
> to upload a fix to this bug. I hoped that this patch will be helpful
> for coreutils developers.

The idea of this patch (which I copied, as in the LP bug, from Fedora)
was to provide a stopgap option until the Linux kernel implements the
equivalent.

The reason was (or, I guess, still is) that some upstream source rely
on this being available, and having the '-i' or '-p' would minimise
our deltas.

But I knew, from the beginning, that it would not be acceptable
upstream. Perhaps with a confluence of all Linux distros that might
happen, though.

Cheers,

-- 
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.