Subject: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Reuse already read `capabilities'

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2024 17:45:16 +0200

Hi,

Here is a simple patch to reuse an already read value.

Thanks,
>From 62e0c769aa6ced363db42677f0e14092afc5f079 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 17:41:51 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Reuse already read `capabilities'

* lisp/mail/smtpmail.el (smtpmail-via-smtp): Reuse already read
`capabilities'.
---
 lisp/mail/smtpmail.el | 6 +-----
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el b/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el
index 98083c0489a..c98fdfd10ed 100644
--- a/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el
+++ b/lisp/mail/smtpmail.el
@@ -800,11 +800,7 @@ smtpmail-via-smtp
 		  (smtpmail-command-or-throw
 		   process (format "HELO %s" (smtpmail-fqdn)))
 		;; EHLO was successful, so we parse the extensions.
-		(dolist (line (delete
-			       ""
-			       (split-string
-				(plist-get (cdr result) :capabilities)
-				"\r\n")))
+		(dolist (line (delete "" (split-string capabilities "\r\n")))
 		  (let ((name
                          ;; Use ASCII case-table to prevent I
                          ;; downcasing to a dotless i under some
-- 
2.46.0

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.6, cairo version
 1.18.0) of 2024-08-09 built on computer
Repository revision: 9f03300c5c626bf6f8f839be4943cc20db89c24d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.6 GENERIC.MP#236 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --with-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-config hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-config
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pcmpl-git log-edit whitespace add-log vc-annotate
smerge-mode diff flow-fill gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml
gnus-topic mm-archive url-cache qp utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-cache nnrss tabify cus-edit cus-start find-dired ffap mailalias
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check sort mail-extr edebug debug backtrace view reveal dabbrev
ispell cl-print smtpmail pulse tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh shortdoc
comp-common network-stream help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch
org-agenda org-indent oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id
org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit
executable ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs org-compat
org-macs pov-mode imenu vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
gnus-dired mule-util on-screen vc-git diff-mode track-changes
vc-dispatcher bug-reference time battery cus-load desktop frameset
exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage
exwm-floating xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core
xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server
ef-kassio-theme ef-themes modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone
speed-type url-http url-auth url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission
color calc-bin calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi
ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
ebdb-message message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm
ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start
skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep compat slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs use-package-core repeat easy-mmode debbugs-autoloads
ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads
osm-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads info
slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads xelb-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1114066 473323) (symbols 48 56231 39)
 (strings 32 389070 15542) (string-bytes 1 9022593)
 (vectors 16 180245) (vector-slots 8 2440867 122318)
 (floats 8 765 2691) (intervals 56 13160 5957) (buffers 992 72))

-- 
Manuel Giraud