Subject: bug#72537: closed (Re: [PATCH v3 5/5] gnu: libbpf: Switch from linux-libre-headers-6.9 to linux-libre-headers-latest.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 00:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72537: [PATCH 0/5] gnu: Remove linux-libre 6.9.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72537: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72537
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/5] gnu: libbpf: Switch from linux-libre-headers-6.9 to linux-libre-headers-latest.
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2024 20:09:18 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 10:36:20PM +0200, Wilko Meyer wrote:
> Accidentally messed up the commit messages of the v2 as my current git
> setting caused a signed-off line being added to those; so I've send a v3
> which should be good as in well formatted and hopefully applicable to
> the kernel-updates branch.
> 
> The etc/news.scm entry still lacks a commit hash reference, which should
> be set before pushing.

Finally pushed!

I squashed together the commits that removed linux-libre 6.9, added
linux-libre-headers-latest, and adjusted libbpf accordingly.

Subject: [PATCH 0/5] gnu: Remove linux-libre 6.9.
From: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 11:07:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Leo,

It took longer than expected to finally find the time for the removal of
linux-libre 6.9, and to fix the headers dependency situation.

This patch series contains:

1. the removal of linux-libre 6.9.
2. a news.scm entry mentioning the removal (commit hash still has to be added
to that, as signing-off commits alters the hash)
3. a linux-libre-headers-latest package other packages may depend on
4. a change to libbpf to depend on said package instead of
linux-libre-headers-6.9; the removal of 6.8 caused breakage here the last
time, so this should be a good idea, WDYT?

Wilko Meyer (5):
  gnu: Remove linux-libre 6.9.
  news: Add entry for removing linux-libre 6.9 ("end of life").
  gnu: linux-libre: Update the default linux-libre package to the 6.10
    series.
  gnu: Add linux-libre-headers-latest.
  gnu: libbpf: Switch from linux-libre-headers-6.9 to
    linux-libre-headers-latest.

 Makefile.am                                   |     5 -
 etc/news.scm                                  |    13 +
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-arm.conf        | 11804 ---------------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-arm64.conf      | 11876 ---------------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-i686.conf       | 11943 ---------------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-riscv.conf      |  8251 -----------
 .../aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-x86_64.conf     | 12158 ----------------
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                        |    58 +-
 8 files changed, 26 insertions(+), 56082 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-arm.conf
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-arm64.conf
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-i686.conf
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-riscv.conf
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/aux-files/linux-libre/6.9-x86_64.conf

base-commit: 48d9cf7631c104a4d220cd8435d044542027d3d2
prerequisite-patch-id: a0d21aed9b43d227bed656db1e371044c03df95d
prerequisite-patch-id: e0d8613bf2a90228585148330ab1bd7eb3a2f554
prerequisite-patch-id: fd6fdc9dbc83df902ba2fb0dbb972db3f8572a13
-- 
2.45.2