Subject: Re: [bug#72536] [PATCH v3] tap: new `--stderr-prefix' option to prefix test script's stderr

From: Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 20:59:00 -0600

On 2/19/25 11:48, Karl Berry wrote:
> A separate question (for anyone), when we get that far ... what's the
> best way to apply/commit a patch series like this?  Sorry for my lack of
> git-fu. When I run "git am mboxfile" after saving your msg in mboxfile,
> it applies fine, but then git log -n 1 -p shows that only the first
> Subject: is used, apparently losing the information you nicely put into
> all the other Subject:s.

A quick check of `git help log` suggests that you were asking `git log` 
to only output one record.  That it outputs the first Subject and not 
the last suggests that git-am may have only applied one patch instead of 
the whole series.

>   Or will all the different subjects show up
> again when it's pushed, somehow?

No, a push exactly transfers your local history and branch tip.

> I did a bunch of searching without great results. Maybe I have to save
> each msg in a separate file and then apply the directory?

I seem to recall that that is what I have always had to do:  one message 
per file.

>   Seems like that should not be necessary.

I suspect that you are having problems with git-mailsplit but I do not 
know how to fix the issue.

-- Jacob