Subject: bug#72527: Rottlog never exits cleanly

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 12:51:54 +0100

Hi,

Simon Streit <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> FWIW I would recommend not investing too much time in Rottlog: well
>> hopefully be able to migrate to the Shepherds log rotation service in
>> the coming months.
>>
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-05/msg00159.html
>
> I just rolled out shepherd 1.0.0rc1 locally that also includes brand new
> logging facilities.  It looks so much better there.  I am assuming once
> this release proceeds, rottlog will be eventually be completely
> replaced?

Yes, that’s the plan.  (It’s a bit tricky because someone reconfiguring
a pre-1.0 system won’t be able to run timed services.)

Ludo’.