Subject: bug#72526: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Fix url-basic-auth secret search when passing username and/or port

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 09:02:19 +0300

> Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2024 23:02:51 +0300
> From:  Björn Bidar via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Could someone please review my patch?

Sorry, I don't see any experts around to ask to do that.

Maybe if you'd posted a more detailed description of the problem and
its context, someone could follow your arguments and do a meaningful
review.  E.g., it sounds from your description like the case of URLs
where it currently fails was not meant to be supported by this
library?  If so, perhaps an alternative is to submit to this library
only URLs that it supports, like after stripping the port part?

On another level: please make sure you leave 2 spaces between
sentences in comments, strings, and commit log messages.  And I don't
think the 3rd patch belongs to this issue, so let's not include it in
this discussion.

Thanks.