Subject: `guix --version` not really helpful

From: Stéfane Fermigier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 12:14:56 +0200

When I type:

guix --version

I get:

guix (GNU Guix) 6689a96ce86497299bd29f183b744116fd2d6e32

That's not really helpful (i.e. it doesn't tell how old / up to date my
system is). A proper version number (e.g. "x.y.z-devel", etc.) and/or a
date would be nice.

  S.

-- 
Stefane Fermigier - http://fermigier.com/ - http://twitter.com/sfermigier -
http://linkedin.com/in/sfermigier
Founder & CEO, Abilian - Enterprise Social Software -
http://www.abilian.com/
Founder & Software Architect - Nua & Hop3 open source PaaS project -
https://nua.rocks/  / https://hop3.cloud/
Co-Founder & Co-Chairman, National Council for Free & Open Source Software
(CNLL) - http://cnll.fr/
Co-Founder & Board Member, Association Professionnelle Européenne du
Logiciel Libre (APELL) - https://www.apell.info/