Subject: bug#72490: edt emulation

From: Angelo Borsotti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 10:28:54 +0200

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 29.4; edt emulation
--text follows this line--

Hello,

I have just downloaded emacs 29.4, and run the edt emulation.
Emacs prompts me to define the keyboard mapping, which I did.
It saves it in my home\appdata\roaming, withe name .emacs-gnu-W32-keys,
which is different from the one indicated in th documentation.
This, seemingly, is not important because when I run emacs again,
it loads it anyway.
The problem is that the arrows do not work!
If I run emacs, and enter M-x edt-emulation-on and C-h k <right arrow>
it displays:

<right> runs the command edt-cut, which is an interactive
native-compiled Lisp function in ‘edt.el’.

It is bound to <right>.

(edt-cut)

Deletes selected text but copies to kill ring.

How can I solve the problem?

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-07-05 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4651)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x shortdoc
text-property-search help-fns radix-tree help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib
edt picture ehelp rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 69706 12307)
 (symbols 48 5769 4)
 (strings 32 18300 1292)
 (string-bytes 1 485882)
 (vectors 16 12264)
 (vector-slots 8 284398 17118)
 (floats 8 104 122)
 (intervals 56 629 6)
 (buffers 984 16))