Subject: Re: bug#72487: calculator-electric-mode causes freeze on subsequent use of minibuffer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 12:27:32 +0300

> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2024 10:00:24 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> 
>  > Unless this is a recent regression (in Emacs 29 or since Emacs 29),
>  > the release branch is not the right place to install this.  In the
>  > latter case, please revert and install on master instead.
> 
> It's a regression in Emacs 29.

In that case, let's leave the fix on the release branch.  Thanks.

> I spent about two hours hunting down this bug which misuses a feature I
> introduced earlier in a very awkward way.  I'm still not sure how to fix
> this completely.  That said, I think that it would be fair if, whenever
> someone offers a patch for a reported serious bug (a bug that causes
> Emacs to hang or crash), one of our maintainers explained within a week
> or so how to proceed with the patch.

I usually respond after 2 weeks if no one else chimes in, so your
installing of the patch beat me by a couple of days.