Subject: [bug#72457] [PATCH v5 01/15] guix: scripts: Rewrite reinstall-bootloader to use provenance data.

From: Herman Rimm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2024 20:08:50 +0200

Hello all,

I revised [PATCH v5 01/15], see issue #73202.  I had already begun
making similar changes to the other patches, have a look at [1].  I
rebase it often, and in that case you may find 'git fetch [remote for
[1]] bootloader', 'git reset [remote for [1]]/bootloader' and 'git
restore -p' helpful to keep track with a local branch.  If you have any
(small) changes feel free to send me a patch or repository URL.

Also, a compatibility macro would be worth looking into, see for example
origin-compatibility-helper in (guix packages).  A macro for the targets
field of bootloader-configuration could use each string as a path for
bootloader-target and make an educated guess for the type field based on
that path, or the bootloader itself.  Would that leave your existing
configuration(s) intact?  Anyway, I don't plan to work on that this
week, so feel free to.

Cheers,
Herman

[1]: https://codeberg.org/herman_rimm/guix/src/branch/bootloader