Subject: Re: [bug#72457] [PATCH v5 00/15] Rewrite bootloader subsystem.

From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2024 07:48:24 +0200

Marek Paśnikowski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Good evening.
>
> I am a Guix user who wants to learn patch review.  Next week I am not
> going to have any job assignments, so this is a great opportunity to
> install guix on my newly purchased fanless mini computer.  This means I
> could also spend some time fearlessly checking out the new bootloader
> implementation.
>
> The plan is to patch a clone of the guix repository, and issue
> ./pre-inst-env guix system init command.  Let me know if there is
> something wrong with this assumption.
>

That should do the job, however in my case I did `reconfigure` and not
`init`. For patching I recommend you to use `mumi`.

>
> Also, I noticed this issue is not tracked on Guix QA.  I am still
> learning the review process — is it not bad that the patches are not in
> QA?
>

QA is still pretty much Work In Progress, it is not reliable atm.