Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/15] Rewrite bootloader subsystem.

From: Sergey Trofimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2024 21:52:49 +0200

Lilah Tascheter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks you two! This patch series should fix those issues; feel free to
> double-check though :)
>

I've found a couple typos, although fixing these doesn't make it work
for me. I get an error in fixuuid.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
In unknown file:
           2 (string=? #f "ntfs")
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
  1685:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
  1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
In procedure string=: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting string): #f
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Here is a patch for the typos.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff --git a/gnu/bootloader.scm b/gnu/bootloader.scm
index a83d057bda..70b4c02447 100644
--- a/gnu/bootloader.scm
+++ b/gnu/bootloader.scm
@@ -584,13 +584,13 @@ (define (normalize targets)
                                           (unfold-pathcat target targets)))))
             (label (or label (accessible=> device read-partition-label)))
             (uuid (or uuid (accessible=> device read-partition-uuid)))
-            (file-system (or file-system (and=> device (assoc-mnt
mount-type))))
+            (file-system (or file-system (and=> device (assoc-mnt
mount-point))))
             (offset (and path offset))
             (path (or path (and=> device (assoc-mnt mount-point))))))))

     (define (fixuuid target)
       (match-record target <bootloader-target> (uuid file-system)
-        (let ((type (cond ((member file-system '("vfat" "fat32") 'fat))
+        (let ((type (cond ((member file-system '("vfat" "fat32")) 'fat)
                           ((string=? file-system "ntfs") 'ntfs)
                           ((string=? file-system "iso9660") 'iso9660)
                           (else 'dce))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---