Subject: Re: "xdg-mime query filetype" fails silently on many filetypes (with fixes I see)

From: Sébastien Lerique <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2024 11:26:56 +0200

On 04 Aug 2024 at 11:23, Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> Why? I don't know. I guess having a "case ..." instead of "if ... fi"
>> would solve this.
> Could you prepare a patch to do so?  Or has one already been proposed
> upstream?
>

I can have a look and submit next month I'd say, being a little
underwater currently :)

>> The options I see are adding the "gnome-vfs" dependency ("gvfs"
>> doesn't provide "gvfs-info", and "gio" is not a package), or
>> proposing "case" instead of "if" upstream.
> Note: In GNOME, prefer `gio open', it's part of glib:bin.  
> On other desktops, I don't know what the preferred solution would be.
>

So "gio open" works indeed from the shell, but doomemacs only works
using "gnome-vfs", for a reason I can't figure out yet.

Best