Subject: bug#72440: 31.0.50; MacOS: TUINSRemoteViewController log message

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2024 20:27:55 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 5 aug. 2024 kl. 17.27 skrev Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>:
>
>> Can you please check with what I just committed?
>
> Thank you but that doesn't make a difference -- it's a static, not dynamic, warning.
> Instead we could put it inside
>
> #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >= 140000
> ..
> #endif
>
> which works here but I may be confusing the version macros.
>
> More to the point, is the [self setClipsToBounds: YES] line actually
> required with older OS versions? If so, maybe it's just a matter of
> declaring the property somehow since it's supposed to exist even if
> the declaration was only made public in v14, but not sure if that is
> even possible.

I also don't know what's the right thing to do is here. One could use
the #ifdef as you showed, but then an Emacs compiled on 13.x won't do
what it should when run on 14.x. (I gather that it would otherwise run
fine.)

A runtime check with NSAppKitVersionNumber would work, if one copies the
float values for the version from NSApplication.h, and compares with
that. One has to copy the version number if one compiles on older
versions where the constant is not defined (can be either a define or a
const double in 14.5 here).

What a mess. Hopefully Alan has some advice.