Subject: [PATCH emacs-team WIP 0/4] Simplify creation of emacs package variants

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 21:58:49 +0200

Hi Guix,

this has been a long TODO for emacs-team, which became even more urgent with
the recent bugs concerning Emacs native compilation and a way for providing
grafts to it.  With this series, we can make natively-compiled Emacs packages
substitutable just like their byte-compiled alternatives – to this end,
we also make plain emacs the default for emacs-build-system and provide
procedures to create emacs-next-*, emacs-minimal-*, and emacs-pgtk-* variants
of packages.

What's still left to do in this series is actually defining all of them.
There's quite a number of packages to go over, not all of which build using
emacs-build-system.  And of course, building N variants of every Emacs package
will not make the load for CI lighter, so let's keep N small, shall we? :)

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (4):
  build-system: emacs: Define package-with-explicit-emacs.
  build-system: emacs: Make emacs the default variant.
  build-system: emacs: Define common variants.
  etc: Provide snippet for defining emacs variants.

 etc/snippets/tempel/scheme-mode |  8 ++++
 guix/build-system/emacs.scm     | 80 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 84 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: fee360f85384fb06f7d0c46891126b1f85c9c740
-- 
2.45.2