Subject: bug#72391: closed (Re: bug#72391: 29.4; Info cannot find anchors after Info-on-current-buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 10:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#72391: 29.4; Info cannot find anchors after Info-on-current-buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
72391: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=72391
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#72391: 29.4; Info cannot find anchors after Info-on-current-buffer
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Rahguzar <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 13:33:39 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Rahguzar <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2024 11:22:30 +0200
> 
> Hi Eli,
>   I tested and it is fixed for me. As always, thanks a lot!

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.4; Info cannot find anchors after Info-on-current-buffer
From: Rahguzar <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 09:34:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Emacs developers,

I am trying to generate an info manual for the SageMath. In the process
I found that Info can't follow references to anchors atfer `M-x
Info-on-current-buffer`. To see, please download the manual
https://github.com/user-attachments/files/16425138/sage.info.gz (It is
12 MB compressed so very large). Then from Emacs -Q:

1. Open the downloaded manual in a buffer.
2. M-x Info-on-current-buffer RET
3. Navigate to:  (sage.info)Top > Welcome to Sage Reference Manual > User Interfaces
4. Click on Command Line Interface

This results in Info-find-node-2: No such node or anchor: ccf

The anchor actually exists. If you revert the buffer the links start
working and clicking on Command Line Interface will take you to the
corresponding part of the manual. 

Thanks,
Rahguzar

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, aarch64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.42, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-07-16 built on
 f4bb92d0618f495cb6fd580176563486
System Description: Fedora Linux Asahi Remix 40 (Forty)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=aarch64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=aarch64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --runstatedir=/run
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-gpm=no --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-sqlite3 --with-tiff --with-tree-sitter --with-webp --with-xpm
 --with-xwidgets build_alias=aarch64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=aarch64-redhat-linux-gnu CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1
 -mbranch-protection=standard -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
 -fstack-clash-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1
 -mbranch-protection=standard -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
 -fstack-clash-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: mu4e:main

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  mu4e-search-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-update-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-context-minor-mode: t
  dirvish-override-dired-mode: t
  satchel-mode: t
  nerd-icons-completion-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  evil-goggles-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/azeem/.local/state/emacs/elpaca/builds/transient/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/transient
/home/azeem/.local/state/emacs/elpaca/builds/ef-themes/theme-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/theme-loaddefs
/home/azeem/.local/state/emacs/elpaca/builds/eww-hacks/shr hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/net/shr
/home/azeem/.local/state/emacs/elpaca/builds/eww-hacks/eww hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/net/eww

Features:
(shadow nerd-icons-corfu face-remap emacsbug view helpful cc-langs
cc-vars cc-defs imenu trace edebug debug backtrace info-look info f
help-fns radix-tree elisp-refs s dash highlight-quoted evil-embrace
embrace expand-region text-mode-expansions the-org-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom
evil-surround jit-spell ispell cape org-element org-persist org-id
org-refile avl-tree generator oc-basic xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view ol-bibtex
bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi smerge-mode diff diff-mode
jka-compr mastodon-notifications corfu-history corfu-popupinfo corfu
mastodon-media image-mode exif mastodon-profile mastodon-tl url-http
url-gw url-cache url-auth mastodon-auth mastodon-client plstore mastodon
mastodon-search mastodon-toot facemenu mastodon-iso persist
mastodon-http request gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table qp
link-hint ffap goto-addr avy shr-color mm-archive adaptive-wrap sort
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping
ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check nndraft nnmh vertico-repeat
epa-file network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache fabs consult server mu4e mu4e-org org
ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version
org-compat org-macs mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main smtpmail
mu4e-view mu4e-mime-parts gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs mu4e-headers mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose nnheader
range mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark mu4e-message shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom browse-url flow-fill mule-util
hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context
mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers
mu4e-config mu4e-window ido message sendmail yank-media puny cus-start
dirvish transient format-spec autorevert filenotify dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader mu4e-obsolete usher satchel ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
bookmark nerd-icons-completion nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces
nerd-icons-data nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon
nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline
nerd-icons-data-octicon nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon
marginalia vertico-multiform vertico evil-goggles pulse color
ef-spring-theme ef-themes pdf-loader evil-anzu anzu evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands reveal evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros
evil-repeat evil-states evil-core comp comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode
advice evil-common rect evil-vars edmacro kmacro orderless compat
compat-30 mastodon-autoloads request-autoloads persist-autoloads
yeetube-autoloads filechooser-autoloads wile-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads usher-autoloads undo-fu-session-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads jit-spell-autoloads satchel-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads xr-autoloads link-hint-autoloads
avy-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
inspirehep-autoloads consult-hoogle-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
geiser-guile-autoloads geiser-autoloads fabs-autoloads
companion-mode-autoloads eww-hacks-autoloads evil-embrace-autoloads
embrace-autoloads expand-region-autoloads evil-surround-autoloads
evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads evil-goggles-autoloads evil-anzu-autoloads
anzu-autoloads evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
eshell-syntax-highlighting-autoloads eat-autoloads
package-lint-flymake-autoloads package-lint-autoloads
elisp-def-autoloads macrostep-autoloads helpful-autoloads f-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads
highlight-quoted-autoloads dirvish-autoloads transient-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads trashed-autoloads vertico-autoloads
orderless-autoloads nerd-icons-completion-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads nerd-icons-corfu-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads cape-autoloads corfu-autoloads consult-autoloads
password-store-autoloads with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads
elpaca-log elpaca-ui url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
recentf tree-widget savehist elec-pair saveplace bind-key url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map url-vars easy-mmode
cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit pcase ibuf-macs flymake-proc flymake
project byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ansi-color warnings icons thingatpt cl-macs pixel-scroll
cua-base ring subr-x repeat rx midnight gv cl-seq elpaca elpaca-process
cl-loaddefs cl-lib elpaca-autoloads rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 2681594 437328)
 (symbols 48 62590 28)
 (strings 32 465906 32326)
 (string-bytes 1 76915519)
 (vectors 16 128130)
 (vector-slots 8 2490619 337992)
 (floats 8 3304 8614)
 (intervals 56 207173 832)
 (buffers 984 65))