Subject: bug#72388: 31.0.50; Use tree-sitter-cuda grammar but with tree-sitter-cpp's font-lock/indentation rules

From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2024 01:10:57 +0200

Hi Yuan:

I am just trying to use the new treesit-language-remap-alist and so far
I understand your idea of how to make it work for the basics. But it is
not clear how can I use the new var to add the new syntax entries.

I mean, looking at the grammar:

https://github.com/tree-sitter-grammars/tree-sitter-cuda/blob/master/grammar.js

You can see that it is the inherited C++ syntax, with extra entries in
some fields (like _declaration_modifiers or delete_expression). For this
part the new variable may work perfectly.

However there are a few "new" entries like: kernel_call_expression,
kernel_call_syntax and launch_bounds that will need special handling.

What's your suggestion?

I mean, for the latest what we really need is to extend (partially
redefine) the c-ts-mode--indent-styles, c-ts-mode--keywords and so on.

Is that the intended approach?

Best,
Ergus