Subject: 24.0.50; make-local-hook missing

From: Gian Uberto Lauri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:06:55 +0200

Start emacs, ask for the documentation for make-local-hook. The program
signals [No Match].

The lack of this function prevents some feature to misfunction on the
first use (i.e. font-lock-fontify-buffer), an immediate re-issue of the
command works.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.14.4)
 of 2010-10-18 on gastone
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10502000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  linum-mode: t
  sml-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Loading vm...done
Loading sendmail...done
Package lmenu is obsolete!
Looking up holidays...done
Preparing diary...
Truncate long lines enabled
Preparing diary...done
Marking diary entries...done
Loading python...done
Loading sml-modeline...done

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-dbo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-dbo
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-parse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-checkstyle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-checkstyle
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-wiz hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-wiz
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-run hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-run
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-java-font-lock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-java-font-lock
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-javadoc-gen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-javadoc-gen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-make hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-make
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-ant hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-ant
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-compat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-sregex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-sregex
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/regress hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/regress
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-dbs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-dbs
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-ejb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-ejb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-widgets hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-widgets
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-stat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-stat
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-which-method hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-which-method
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-java-grammar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-java-grammar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-class hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-class
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-tree-widget hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-tree-widget
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-imenu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-imenu
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-javadoc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-javadoc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/setnu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/setnu
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-complete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-complete
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-package hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-package
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/beanshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/beanshell
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-gen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-gen
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-annotations hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-annotations
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-parse-class hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-parse-class
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-help hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-help
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-project-file hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-project-file
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-custom hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-custom
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-junit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-junit
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-autoload hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-autoload
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-bug hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-bug
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/efc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/efc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-compile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-compile
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-util
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-import hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-import
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-xref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-xref
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-db hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-db
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-plugins hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-plugins
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-jdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-jdb
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/jde/lisp/jde-open-source hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/oldies/jde/lisp/jde-open-source
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/ezimage hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/ezimage
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/speedbar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/speedbar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/sb-image hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sb-image
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/wdired hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/wdired
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/speedbar/dframe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/dframe
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/ido hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/ido
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/ibuffer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/ibuffer
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/css-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/textmodes/table
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/cfengine hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/progmodes/cfengine
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-mode
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-parse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-match hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-match
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-parse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-parse
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-xsd hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-xsd
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-valid hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-valid
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-cmpct
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-glyph
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-enc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-enc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-outln hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-outln
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-maint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-maint
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-uchnm
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-ns hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-ns
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-dt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-dt
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/xmltok hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/xmltok
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-pttrn
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-maint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-maint
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-uri hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-uri
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/xsd-regexp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-loc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-loc
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-nxml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-nxml
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-util
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/nxml-rap hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/nxml-rap
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/nxml/rng-util hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/nxml/rng-util
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/newsticker hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/newsticker
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/socks hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/socks
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-base hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/chart hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-opt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-custom hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/eieio/eieio-comp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-comp
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/emms/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet-files hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/mode-local hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/mode-local
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/cedet hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/cedet
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/semantic/semantic hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/semantic
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/common/inversion hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/inversion
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet/ede/ede hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/cedet/ede

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
semantic-el semantic-bovine bovine-debug semantic-debug linum finder-inf
package edit-server python-21 python view vm-folder diary-lib
diary-loaddefs time cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs sendmail semantic-c semantic-c-by semantic-lex-spp
mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils
mmm-compat ps-print ps-def lpr eudcb-ldap ldap eudc eudc-options-file
eudc-vars hl-line server nxml-enc hippie-exp avoid pascal paren
vm-autoload vm-vars vm-startup vm-version vm jde jde-annotations
jde-open-source senator which-func warnings jde-bsh jde-parse-expr etags
jde-class jde-parse-class jde-import jde-java-font-lock byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile jde-which-method jde-java-grammar jde-wiz
jde-complete semantic-idle eldoc jde-plugins jde-gen tempo jde-run
jde-jdb jde-bug jde-dbs jde-dbo regress jde-db jde-parse sregex
jde-imenu semantic-imenu imenu semantic-java semantic-doc avl-tree
semantic-sb jde-compile compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine jde-help
jde-widgets tree-widget beanshell lmenu jde-custom jde-project-file
jde-util arc-mode archive-mode efc jde-autoload spook cookie1 conf-mode
newcomment emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-info
later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file dired emms-setup emms saintlib
fortune semantic-dep cedet cedet-contrib-load speedbar-load
semantic-load semantic-ia-sb semantic-analyze semantic-ctxt
semantic-format semantic-cb semantic-sort semanticdb-find semanticdb-el
semanticdb-search semantic-find semanticdb semantic-util-modes
semantic-util semantic semantic-lex semantic-tag working fame
semantic-fw mode-local find-func derived eieio-load ede-speedbar ede
ede-load eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe assoc
eieio-custom wid-edit ede-source eieio-base eieio advice help-fns
advice-preload cogre-load cedet-load inversion cl ess-toolbar ess-mous
mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb
noweb-font-lock-mode essl-bug essd-omg essl-omg essd-els essd-sas
essl-sas essa-sas executable shell essd-arc essd-vst essd-xls essl-lsp
essd-sta essl-sta cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp essd-sp6 essd-sp5 essd-sp3
essd-r essl-s ess-inf ess-utils comint ring ess-mode noweb-mode ess
ess-cust regexp-opt easymenu ess-emcs ess-site tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)