Subject: Re: bug#7236: 24.0.50; make-local-hook missing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:06:07 +0200

>>>>> "SM" == Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

Hello Stefan!

>> Start emacs, ask for the documentation for make-local-hook. The
>> program signals [No Match].

SM> It's been removed, indeed.  It was obsolete since Emacs-21.

How could I  replace it ? I use  a couple of non GNU  packages (VM and
JDE) that use the little brat :)

>> The lack of this function prevents some feature to misfunction on
>> the first use (i.e. font-lock-fontify-buffer), an immediate
>> re-issue of the command works.

SM> I can't reproduce it.  Can you give detailed instructions to
SM> reproduce the problem, starting with "emacs -Q"?

I really think that the problem is in the packages that use it.

I was able  to getting it because i manually  executed my .emacs (damn
stupid thing). My apologies.

--
                                                Gian
                                       Friends will be friends
                                          right to the end!