Subject: Re: bug#72358: 29.4; oauth2.el improvements

From: Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 12:41:47 -0700

Björn Bidar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The fourth patch may need a bit of background: oauth2.el (optionally)
>> uses plstore to save authentication data for future reuse, and the
>> plstore id for an account is computed using a combination of `auth-url',
>> `token-url', and `scope'.  However, this combination of data doesn't
>> guarantee uniqueness for accounts for a same provider, e.g. for Gmail,
>> the three parameters are the same for different accounts, and hence
>> storing a second account information will override the first one.
>
> Would it make sense to plug OAuth2.el into auth-source to store the
> authentication token safely inside an existing credential storage?
>
> Various applications already do so when using the native credential
> storages such as Freedesktop.org or the macOS keyring.

As I mentioned to Robert, I do have another addon to do exactly this,
though through an awkward advice.  Would be great if auth-source can
make use of oauth2.el and handle that more gracefully.  I'll file
another bug to explore options once this one is done.

-- 
Xiyue Deng