Subject: bug#72358: 29.4; oauth2.el improvements

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 16:39:26 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 30 Jul 2024 17:08:21 +0300, Björn Bidar via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]> said:

    Björn> Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> The fourth patch may need a bit of background: oauth2.el (optionally)
    >> uses plstore to save authentication data for future reuse, and the
    >> plstore id for an account is computed using a combination of `auth-url',
    >> `token-url', and `scope'.  However, this combination of data doesn't
    >> guarantee uniqueness for accounts for a same provider, e.g. for Gmail,
    >> the three parameters are the same for different accounts, and hence
    >> storing a second account information will override the first one.

    Björn> Would it make sense to plug OAuth2.el into auth-source to store the
    Björn> authentication token safely inside an existing credential storage?

    Björn> Various applications already do so when using the native credential
    Björn> storages such as Freedesktop.org or the macOS keyring.

Yes. In fact thereʼs the auth-source-xoauth2 package that does
that. And oauth2 can already store stuff using plstore, so Iʼm sure it
can be extended to use auth-source.

Robert
--