Subject: bug#72345: 29.4; Emacs daemon on Windows OS

From: Sebastián Monía <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2024 23:43:44 -0400

Hi Constantin,

It has been a long time since I setup the daemon in Windows. I don't use
it anymore.
Some things to try:

>   In powershell, cd where emacs is unziped and run it:
>
>   ```
>   # .\bin\emacs.exe -q --load D:\path-to-my-init\init.el --daemon
>   ```

Can you try this in good old cmd, just in case.

>   Internet suggests to set EMACS_SERVER_FILE environment variable, so
>   I set it in powershell before running emacs:

One suggestion I make to every Windows user, is to setup a HOME
environment variable. A lot of open source software respects its value,
and you can chose something shorter like `C:\home`, much shorter then
%USERPROFILE%. And then all Emacs config and server file etc would be
somewhere under this directory.

Hope this helps,
Sebastián