Subject: bug#72344: [PATCH] Add a version of cl-once-only which handles lists of forms

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 08:05:57 +0800

Hello,

On Tue 13 Aug 2024 at 11:17pm +02, Thuna wrote:

>>> If `cl-once-only-multiple' is fine by you then I would prefer that over
>>> `cl-once-only-rest' and `cl-once-only-mult'.  It would help to get more
>>> suggestions, but I don't think anyone else will be chiming in at this
>>> point.
>>
>> It's just really long :)
>
> I do agree that it's decently long, but it's probably fine...?
> `cl-destructuring-bind' is the same length and I don't find that too
> annoying to write out, though maybe that's just me.

You're not keen on either of my other suggestions, right?

    cl-once-only-many, cl-once-only-these

I guess I am hung up on how -multiple- is already used in CL names, but
it comes *before* the things that are multiple.  But I believe you don't
like cl-multiple-once-only.

> I don't have any new ideas for the name, but here's a second draft which
> tries to adapt the example used in `cl-once-only'.  I was unable to get
> the `mapcar' in the first example any more concise, so some thoughts on
> rewording and fixing various parts of the text would be nice.

The interdiff isn't too helpful to me here.  I'd prefer to review a
complete patch against master.

-- 
Sean Whitton