Subject: bug#72344: [PATCH] Add a version of cl-once-only which handles lists of forms

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 08:01:16 +0800

Hello,

On Wed 14 Aug 2024 at 12:18am +02, Thuna wrote:

>>> If Drew wants to start a new conversation to move `cl-once-only' (and
>>> also this) out of cl-lib we can also just go with any name now and then
>>> finalize it afterwards, though of all the names the one I favor is still
>>> `cl-once-only-multiple' above all others (sans `cl-once-only*' which is
>>> not an option - unless if you changed your mind about it?).
>>
>> I've said all I have to say on the matter.  I seem to be a minority of
>> one, and won't bother starting any new thread about it.
>
> I don't know what the overall opinion is, but I do not necessarily
> disagree with you that cl-lib should be for (and only for) emulating
> Common Lisp.  While I do not know the scope and extent of the changes
> you want to make, I support moving with-gensyms and once-only (and
> consequently this) out of cl-lib.  However I simply do not have the
> energy to start (more) arguments and try to convince people to make this
> change.

They were quite deliberately put under cl-, actually, when I added them.

-- 
Sean Whitton