Subject: bug#72341: VC: CVS template lines not stripped when committing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2025 14:23:39 +0200

> Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2025 22:58:57 +0100
> From: Christoph Badura <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2025 at 09:49:09PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Yes.  But (a) let's hear what others think about making this the
> > default, and (b) I think we should add to the doc string of this
> > option the reference to this function, whose main purpose is to be
> > used in this hook.
> 
> Do you mean something like the following?

That's one possibility, yes.  But maybe we can do better, see below.

> I'm somewhat surprised.  The other two hook functions aren't mentioned in
> the docstring.

We could add them as well.

> And I thought the customize UI would be "obvious" enough.

The Customize UI will be more helpful if we explicitly mention the
recommended values together with descriptive tags.

But I realize that this is a separate issue, so maybe it should be the
subject of a separate patch.  So maybe just mentioning the 3
recommended values in the doc string will be enough for fixing this
issue.

Thanks.