Subject: bug#7234: 24.0.50; strange message after text-scale-adjust

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:09:29 +0900

When I start emacs as this:

% emacs -Q

and type:

  ESC : (text-scale-adjust 1) RET C-b

"(2)" is shown in the echo area.

With a file "~/temp" that contains only "abc\n", when I
start emacs as this:

% emacs -Q ~/temp

and type:

  ESC : (text-scale-adjust 1) RET C-f

"(6)" is shown.  When I type C-e instead of C-f above, "(5)"
is shown.  It seems that the number shown corresponds to the
character code of the last command.

This happesn both with emacs-23 and trunk branches.

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]