Subject: bug#72334: [PATCH] Always print commas and comma-ats specially

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 18:57:25 -0800

Thuna <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Thuna, I didn't study your patch very deeply yet but the first thing
>> that stands out is that there are no tests.  Any chance you could look
>> into that?
>
> Sure.  It's somewhat late here so I'll write those tomorrow.

Thanks!

> What should quote and function do?  That is, should it be (foo . 'bar)
> or (foo quote bar)?

I don't have a strong opinion on that.  A priori, I think what we have
now is fine, but let's see what other people think.

BTW, I note that while in ELisp

    ,bar

prints as

    (\, bar)

in Scheme it prints as the somewhat nicer

    (unquote bar)