Subject: Re: Magit/Transient error message

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2024 21:12:57 +0200

Am Samstag, dem 14.09.2024 um 17:53 +0000 schrieb Rutherther:
> 
> From Liliana dmarie Prikler:
> > It is a bug unique to our handling in Guix – upstream uses hashes
> > to guard against it, but those break grafts.
> 
> Do we need to remove the whole hash? The path hash would definitely
> break grafts, but why should the content hash break grafts? Having
> the content hash would also solve this issue.
> 
> Here is the upstream explanation for the hash
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/tree/src/comp.c?h=194a8f5c1406dd7e762376bdfde78d1b7d01b6b1#n4433
> having two parts, path and content hash.
Because the content hash also refers to stuff that we're grafting, e.g.
program names that get compiled to store paths.  It's sadly not that
easy.

Cheers