Subject: Re: [bug#72326] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-ssh-deploy.

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 19:40:05 -0400

Sisiutl <[email-masked]> writes:

> +    (source
> +     (origin
> +       (method url-fetch)
> +       (uri (string-append "https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/ssh-deploy-" version
> +                           ".tar"))
> +       (sha256
> +	(base32 "0fb88l3270d7l808q8x16zcvjgsjbyhgifgv17syfsj0ja63x28p"))))
> +    (build-system emacs-build-system)
> +    (home-page "https://github.com/cjohansson/emacs-ssh-deploy")

Building from git should be preferred.  The tar archives on ELPA aren't
guaranteed to be bit-for-bit identical over time.  The elpa.gnu.org link
can be, instead, used as the home-page.

> +    (synopsis "Deployment via Tramp, global or per directory.")

Minor nit-pick: synopsis doesn't end with a period.  I think the wording
could probably also be improved.  Quoting the manual:

#+begin_quote
   Synopses must start with a capital letter and must not end with a
period.  They must not start with “a” or “the”, which usually does not
bring anything; for instance, prefer “File-frobbing tool” over “A tool
that frobs files”.  The synopsis should say what the package is—e.g.,
“Core GNU utilities (file, text, shell)”—or what it is used for—e.g.,
the synopsis for GNU grep is “Print lines matching a pattern”.
#+end_quote

-- 
Suhail