Subject: [bug#72316] [PATCH v2 2/3] Add a guile-pam-module service.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 23:26:45 +0900

Hi Felix,

Felix Lechner <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Z572,
>
> On Tue, May 13 2025, Z572 wrote:
>
>> If my module a needs guile-json-1,
>> module b needs guile-json-4, they cannot be used by the same guile.
>> Also, if a pam module is broken, I don't want all pam modules to be broken.
>
>> For example, I use hoot to compile the code to wasm, and load and
>> interpret the wasm in pam-guile. If I don't need to access the file, I
>> don't need the ability to read the file.
>>
>> I think it is possible to use gexp's with-extensions,
>> with-imported-modules, etc., instead of adding a guile-inputs option.
>
> Feel free to adjust the patches.  Otherwise, your ideas and demands are
> vaporware.  The patches I sent have been working in production for a
> year.

That's not a constructive way to approach code reviews.  I'd like to
remind you that we strive for a welcoming and positive interactions in
the Guix project, as enshrined in our Code of Conduct.

People have graciously taken their own time to look at your changes and
suggest improvements or ideas.  The least you can do in return is to
show some gratitude for it, not dismiss their feedback as something you
can't be bothered with.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim