Subject: Re: [bug#72316] [PATCH v2 1/3] Add guile-pam.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 10:36:18 -0700

Hi Z572,

On Thu, May 01 2025, Z572 wrote:

> Felix Lechner via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> this commit is after v0.0.1.

Nice catch, thank you!  I created the tag v0.0.3 as an alias for commit
5ea70a5d.  Feel free to use either.

> why linux-pam both in native-inputs and inputs, is it required when
> cross compiling?

I cannot remember, and do not understand the function of native-inputs.

> Please add a comment why we can't just use nyacc.

Matt Wesche made changes and bug fixes on my behalf.  Most notable is
the new Cdata interface [1] which replaced Guile-Bytestructures. [2]

[1] https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/cdata.html
[2] https://www.nongnu.org/nyacc/nyacc-fh-ug.html

Kind regards
Felix