Subject: [bug#72316] [PATCH v2 1/3] Add guile-pam.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2025 10:16:41 -0700

Hi Maxim,

On Thu, May 01 2025, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:

> you need a GNU ChangeLog message

A ChangeLog message that's acceptable to you, together with the other
adjustments you suggested, fall in my book within the responsibilities
of the GNU Guix maintainers.

Z572's comments have merit; I will address them in short order.  Please
just allow me to state that the package definition is useful on its own.

Patch one provides the shared object pam_guile.so that allows users to
deploy PAM modules written in GNU Guile.  People have tried for decades
to bring interpreted languages to PAM.  Since GNU Guile is also the
configuration language for Guix System, I believe there is potentially a
benefit for your users.

For details, please have a look at the upstream documentation. [1]

I am Guile-PAM's upstream maintainer and hope to provide comprehensive
and timely assistance over there.

Kind regards
Felix

[1] https://juix.org/guile-pam/#From-PAM-to-Guile