Subject: Re: [bug#72316] [PATCH v2 2/3] Add a guile-pam-module service.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2025 08:28:02 -0700

Hi Maxim,

On Wed, May 14 2025, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:

> That's not a constructive way to approach code reviews.

Nitpicking people for missing spaces or other form errors is not
productive.

As for the commit messages, I do not get their point: They duplicate
facts from the diff and offer no forensic improvements over 'git blame.'
Furthermore, their use as ChangeLog entries is an anachronism for a
project with a rolling release model.

> I'd like to remind you that we strive for a welcoming and positive
> interactions in the Guix project, as enshrined in our Code of Conduct.

Please focus on the merits of Guile-PAM!  This is the second time you
attacked my person and threatened me with condescending and moralizing
messages.  The other time was unsolicited and in private on March 9, for
which you apologized.  The code of conduct allows for these incidents to
be reported.  What do you think about my patches, please?

Do you see any benefits or drawbacks in using Guile-PAM in Guix?  Where
do you want to take authentication in Guix System?

Could Guile-PAM help your users to configure their authentication
methods with greater flexibility and individuality, or do you prefer the
trusted but precompiled modules of Linux-PAM?

In short, wouldn't Guile-PAM be a cool addition to GNU Guix?

> People have graciously taken their own time to look at your changes and
> suggest improvements or ideas.  The least you can do in return is to
> show some gratitude for it, not dismiss their feedback as something you
> can't be bothered with.

As a maintainer, it your duty to review contributions.  If that bothers
you, you might want to think about stepping aside.

Also, please stop using your elevated position to domineer people who
try to contribute in good faith.  It's not good stewardship.

Thank you for GNU Guix!  It's the coolest software project I ever saw.
Let's make it better together!

Kind regards
Felix