Subject: Re: bug#7231: 23.3; Don't rebuild buffer list in iswitchb-visit-buffer

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:22:20 +0200

Leo <[email-masked]> writes:

> The original change was to address buffer name changes due to packages
> such as uniquify.el. But it causes another annoying bug: changing the
> order of matches seen by users.
>
> This reverts it.
>
> If people are annoyed (which I doubt) by outdated buffer names due to
> uniquify.el,

The purpose of the patch you reverted was addressing that annoyance, so
it is easy to infer that someone indeed was annoyed by that behavior.

> one solution is to map the buffer-names to buffer objects
> before killing and map them back to names after killing.

So why don't you implement that instead of reverting a patch that
corrects a bug? (After killing a buffer, having a list containing
non-existent buffers is a bug, right? while seeing how the list after
the second item is reordered is an annoyance, so you are proposing to
re-introduce a bug for avoiding an annoyance)

[snip]