Subject: Re: bug#7231: 23.3; Don't rebuild buffer list in iswitchb-visit-buffer

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:00:00 +0800

On 2010-10-18 22:54 +0800, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I was about to install that change when I realized that this is
> fundamentally not the right approach: since some of the buffers may have
> changed name, the new list of matching buffers may be different (some
> buffers that didn't match before may match now and vice-versa).
>
> So iswitchb-make-buflist is more correct.  To deal with the problem of
> ordering, we'll need to combine the two: call iswitchb-make-buflist to
> get the new list of matches, and then use bufobjs to sort the new
> iswitchb-buflist.

My understanding seems to be:

iswitchb-buflist already contains all buffers needed although its order
can be modified by iswitchb-next/prev-match. That modified ordering info
is lost after iswitchb-make-buflist. There may be new matches appearing
due to buffer name changes but this is taken care of automatically by
iswitchb-exhibit.

Leo