Subject: bug#72306: 29.3; rust-format-buffer doesn't work on rust-ts-mode

From: MV <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2024 17:43:57 +0200

--text follows this line--

Hello,

On old rust-mode `C-c C-f' run rustmt in the current buffer. On the new
rust-ts-mode this command fails with this error:

"Wrong type argument: commandp, rust-format-buffer"

Should it be possible to have this feature on the new rust-ts-mode ?

Or is it possible I make program this command by myself ? I learnt
emacs-lisp in the past and my be it's not so hard.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12401000
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
  'configure
  --prefix=/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3
  --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
  --with-cairo --with-xft --with-compress-install
  --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-native-compilation
  --without-imagemagick --with-mailutils --without-small-ja-dic
  --with-tree-sitter --with-xinput2 --without-xwidgets --with-dbus
  --with-selinux'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: fr_FR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: fr_FR.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: fr_FR.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
   treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
   treemacs-follow-mode: t
   treemacs-git-mode: t
   treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
   straight-use-package-mode: t
   straight-package-neutering-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: (only . t)
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20240713.2102/transient hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/transient
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key 
hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish 
hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure 
hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight 
hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/mik/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/mixal-mode hides 
/nix/store/agacf1wwj86fzywglfk5ja8q7989qlsm-emacs-29.3/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/progmodes/mixal-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils format-all language-id
inheritenv vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher face-remap treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
filenotify treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations
treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse color treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture inline
hl-line ht treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros s
dash comp comp-cstr warnings icons opam-user-setup tango-dark-theme
rstml-ts-mode rust-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit rstml-ts-mode-autoloads
use-package-core straight-autoloads cl-extra help-mode straight cua-base
delsel dockerfile-mode-autoloads dune-autoloads f-autoloads
format-all-autoloads god-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads jtsx-autoloads language-id-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads transient-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads dash-autoloads tuareg-autoloads rx caml-autoloads
typescript-mode-autoloads web-mode-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info
compat-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 165149 12948)
  (symbols 48 14064 0)
  (strings 32 46397 3048)
  (string-bytes 1 1636166)
  (vectors 16 28778)
  (vector-slots 8 561328 15360)
  (floats 8 158 202)
  (intervals 56 997 0)
  (buffers 984 16))