Subject: [bug#72297] [PATCH] gnu: libdjinterop: Update to 0.21.0.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2024 18:05:07 +0000

Em sáb, 2024-07-27 às 19:02 +0200, Ferran Pujol Camins escreveu:

[...]

> > QA is likely to break here, so this update should wait for the next
> > release of Mixxx, which will bump libdjinterop to 0.21.0.
> > 
> 
> 
> I see. My goal was precisely to have v0.21.0 packaged so I could set
> a guix shell to develop with mixxx main branch. How is this usually
> handled? 
> 

Given that this is simple version bump that doesn't need significant
changes, you can spawn a shell with --with-commit=package=version e.g.

guix shell -D mixxx --with-commit=libdjinterop=0.21.0

See "Package Transformation Options" in the manual:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Package-Transformation-Options.html

But if you needed more complex changes in the inputs, you could use
your own packages defined in local files. Create a directory with
Scheme files containing package definitions and add that directory to
the GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH environment variable. Let's say you locally
define 'mylibdjinterop', then you can use a transformation like

guix shell -D mixxx --with-input=libdjinterop=mylibdjinterop

You can find a tutorial for this here:
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2018/a-packaging-tutorial-for-guix/

Vinicius