Subject: bug#72278: 29.4; Proced reports incorrect results with 16KB page size

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 12:29:25 -0700

Rahguzar via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dear Emacs Maintainers,
>
> I am using GNU/Linux on an Apple M2 processor using the Asahi Linux
> project [1]. They provide a kernel with 16KB page size [2]. This causes proced
> to show incorrect values for percentage memory (other memory related
> attributes might also be affected). E.g. comparing with top I see that
> value reported by proced is a quarter of that related by top.
>
> [1] https://asahilinux.org
> [2] https://discussion.fedoraproject.org/t/switch-to-the-kernel-16k-variant/87711

1. What is the output of running this command?

       grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo

   Does that value seem right?  Does that file make sense in general?

2. Copy this to a buffer somewhere, put point after the last
   parenthesis, and press `C-u C-x C-e':

        (pp (mapcar #'process-attributes
             (seq-take (list-system-processes) 5)))

    Please post the result back here.

    Could you also tell us which values in the resulting list are wrong
    (a.k.a. "different from top")?

Thanks in advance.