Subject: 30.0.60; [PATCH] Fix jumping to page in DocView's text contents

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 15:33:15 +0200

Hi,

Poppler's "pdftotext" does not seem to enforce page delimiter at the
first column.  For instance, I have documents translated with
"pdftotext" that skips the first three page starting with "".

In such case, using `page-delimiter' (which defaults to "^") to jump
to the text contents page does not work as expected.  This patch fixes
this issue.
>From e22d7dd15c8762214bfe4dbc504fe8e8dce90c46 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 15:18:30 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix jumping to page in DocView's text contents

* lisp/doc-view.el (doc-view-open-text): Replace
`page-delimiter' with a plain Control-L.
---
 lisp/doc-view.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/doc-view.el b/lisp/doc-view.el
index e7d7ed4a862..19fd8901867 100644
--- a/lisp/doc-view.el
+++ b/lisp/doc-view.el
@@ -1782,7 +1782,7 @@ doc-view-open-text
             (goto-char (point-min))
             ;; Put point at the start of the page the user was
             ;; reading.  Pages are separated by Control-L characters.
-            (re-search-forward page-delimiter nil t (1- page))
+            (re-search-forward "" nil t (1- page))
 	    (add-hook 'write-file-functions
 		      (lambda ()
                         ;; FIXME: If the user changes major mode and then
-- 
2.45.2

In GNU Emacs 30.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.5) of 2024-07-24
 built on computer
Repository revision: 23549d7175108ca632375f9cc4390ff3e53e4d1e
Repository branch: mgi/doc-view-ctrl-l
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.5 GENERIC.MP#198 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  pdf-occur-dired-minor-mode: t
  gnus-dired-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-config hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-config
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.60/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr misearch multi-isearch vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src
vc-sccs vc-svn emacsbug log-edit pulse dabbrev add-log smerge-mode diff
whitespace display-line-numbers org-indent org-agenda texinfo
texinfo-loaddefs view flymake-cc flymake python conf-mode vc-cvs vc-rcs
log-view pcvs-util make-mode oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id
org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs emacs-news-mode mule-util on-screen gud sh-script
smie treesit executable pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools cus-edit cus-start pdf-view bookmark
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif
gnus-dired vc-dir ewoc vc vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher
bug-reference time battery cus-load desktop frameset exwm-randr
xcb-randr exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating
xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh
xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme
ef-themes modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base timezone
icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat warnings xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep compat slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs use-package-core repeat easy-mmode calfw-autoloads
calfw-cal-autoloads calfw-org-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads
osm-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads info
slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads
tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads xelb-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1025742 653219) (symbols 48 57496 2)
 (strings 32 260102 42117) (string-bytes 1 6536941)
 (vectors 16 159749) (vector-slots 8 2188364 86800) (floats 8 634 915)
 (intervals 56 43337 1512) (buffers 992 169))

-- 
Manuel Giraud