Subject: Re: bug#72275: 30.0.60; [PATCH] Fix jumping to page in DocView's text contents

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:51:34 +0200

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Poppler's "pdftotext" does not seem to enforce page delimiter at the
> first column.  For instance, I have documents translated with
> "pdftotext" that skips the first three page starting with "".
>
> In such case, using `page-delimiter' (which defaults to "^") to jump
> to the text contents page does not work as expected.  This patch fixes
> this issue.

Hm, it looks like that was wrong from the beginning when Lars added that
in commit c1c9af312ed3 in 2019.  page-delimiter never had a different
default value and pdftotext always used just ^L (FORM FEED)...

Looking at what other modes do, I've set page-delimiter buffer-locally
to the form feed character in the new text contents buffer now, i.e.,
it's only fixed on master which I think is ok given that nobody except
you found the issue in the last 5 years.

Bye,
  Tassilo