Subject: [bug#72265] [PATCH 0/1] Fix hardware acceleration support for librewolf

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 17:12:39 -0700

Hello,

I’d like to have a better handle on *why* this isn’t working, and 
what alternate options may exist, before granting LW’s sandboxed 
processes full access to the store.  Since a lot of system config 
stuff ends up in there, and Guix doesn’t have a good way to manage 
secrets, it feels risky to me to open it up.

Do you have reproduction steps which demonstrate the issue?  I see 
it complaining about not loading libva, but setting 
`MOZ_LOG="PlatformDecoderModule:5"'[1] and enabling the various 
ffmpeg config bits, then playing a video, it *seems* like it’s 
using hwaccel.

The approach in LW is taken directly from the Firefox packages in 
Nonguix -- can you reproduce your problem with that packages? 
That might provide a clue as to what’s different between the two 
package definitions.

Thanks,

  — Ian

[1]: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1610199#c31