Subject: bug#72254: 29.4; Cannot yank media when image come from Gnome-shell screenshot

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 13:21:36 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 12:57:36 +0200, Sébastien Gendre <[email-masked]> said:

    Sébastien> Hello,
    Sébastien> I got a bug when I try to yank a screenshot made with Gnome-shell into
    Sébastien> an org-mode buffer.

    Sébastien> From the reply I get on the Org-mode mailing list, the bug come from
    Sébastien> Emacs itself.

    Sébastien> What I do:

    Sébastien> * From the system menu of Gnome-shell, I choose the action to take a
    Sébastien>   screenshot

    Sébastien> * I took a screenshot from a selected zone, confirm the screenshot and
    Sébastien>   got a notification message telling me "You can past the screenshot
    Sébastien>   from the clipboard"

    Sébastien> * On an Org-mode document, I place the point where I want to past the
    Sébastien>   screenshot and call the Emacs function "yank-media"

If instead of running `yank-media' at this point, what happens if you
evaluate:

   (gui-get-selection 'CLIPBOARD 'TARGETS)

Robert
--