Subject: Re: bug#72254: 29.4; Cannot yank media when image come from Gnome-shell screenshot

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 15:10:24 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 15:04:07 +0200, Sébastien Gendre <[email-masked]> said:

    Sébastien> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> How did you evaluate the `cl-defmethod'? I tested with 'C-x C-e' after
    >> the form.
    >> 
    >> Maybe visiting yank-media.el and doing 'M-x eval-buffer' will help.

    Sébastien> If I visit yank-media.el and eval the buffer, calling (gui-get-selection
    Sébastien> 'CLIPBOARD 'TARGETS) inside my org-mode buffer after doing a screenshot
    Sébastien> give me the same result.

    Sébastien> I evaluated the `cl-defmethod` by coping it inside the *Scratch* buffer
    Sébastien> and evaluate it with key binding `C-x C-e`.

Thatʼs exactly what I do, so I donʼt understand why itʼs not working
for you. What about if you replace the body of the `cl-defmethod' with
something like

(message "Hello world!")

and evaluate it, does that make any difference?

    Sébastien> I have installed Emacs on my system with the distribution package
    Sébastien> manager. So, modifying lisp/term/x-win.el.gz will result in conflict
    Sébastien> with the package manager.

    Sébastien> Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> Maye you need to rebuild emacs with the patch.

    Sébastien> I have never built Emacs from the sources code. I ignore the compilation
    Sébastien> flags used by my distribution.

OK. Weʼll work on that later if we have to.

Robert
--