Subject: bug#72254: 29.4; Cannot yank media when image come from Gnome-shell screenshot

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2024 14:50:34 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 23 Jul 2024 14:33:07 +0200, Sébastien Gendre <[email-masked]> said:

    Sébastien> I have evaluate the added method, but when I evaluate (gui-get-selection
    Sébastien> 'CLIPBOARD 'TARGETS) I still get the result:

How did you evaluate the `cl-defmethod'? I tested with 'C-x C-e' after
the form.

Maybe visiting yank-media.el and doing 'M-x eval-buffer' will help.

    Sébastien> image/png

    Sébastien> And when I run the command yank-media, I have this traceback:

    Sébastien> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument sequencep image/png)
    Sébastien>   mapc(#f(compiled-function (elt) #<bytecode 0x1ebc9d0d6093f55d>) image/png)
    Sébastien>   seq-do(#f(compiled-function (elt) #<bytecode 0x1ebc9d0d6093f55d>) image/png)
    Sébastien>   #f(compiled-function #'sequence #<bytecode 0x19945316743f723a>)(#f(compiled-function (elt) #<bytecode 0x94038b48f0aa5ab>) image/png)
    Sébastien>   apply(#f(compiled-function #'sequence #<bytecode
    0x19945316743f723a> ) #f(compiled-function (elt) #<bytecode
    0x94038b48f0aa5ab> ) image/png nil)
    Sébastien>   seq-map(#f(compiled-function (elt) #<bytecode 0x94038b48f0aa5ab>) image/png)
    Sébastien>   seq-filter(#f(compiled-function (type) #<bytecode 0x17bbb7cb3b4b0c6d>) image/png)
    Sébastien>   yank-media--find-matching-media("x/special-\\(?:gnome|KDE|mate\\)-files")
    Sébastien>   yank-media()
    Sébastien>   funcall-interactively(yank-media)
    Sébastien>   command-execute(yank-media record)
    Sébastien>   execute-extended-command(nil "yank-media" "yank")
    Sébastien>   funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "yank-media" "yank")
    Sébastien>   command-execute(execute-extended-command)

Yes, itʼs still using the old `gui-get-selection'.

Maye you need to rebuild emacs with the patch.

Robert
--