Subject: Re: [bug#72249] [PATCH 2/2] services: Add xe-guest-utilities-service-type.

From: "Karl G. Hallsby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2025 11:02:39 -0600

Hello,

> ... Xen (I believe we have all the necessary packages for that, right?)

If you are talking about xen-guest-agent-service-type in 75445, then
yes. Efraim merged the necessary packages, the service-type definition
just needs to be merged.

If you are talking about the xen package itself, I'm not sure. I have
some patches sitting around for it because I wanted to separate some
outputs.

> As a followup, it would be great if you could come up with a system test
> for this service and for Xen (I believe we have all the necessary
> packages for that, right?).

I agree, I would like some tests too.

One of the problems for a system test for both this service-type
(xe-guest-utilities-service-type) and xen-guest-utilities-service-type
(the Rust-based one) is that they rely on the kernel exposing some
Xen-related files in /proc and /dev. So unless the system test is
running as a guest under a Xen hypervisor, I don't see how to test this.

--
Raven Hallsby