Subject: [bug#72249] [PATCH 2/2] services: Add xe-guest-utilities-service-type.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2025 14:45:00 +0100

Hello,

Karl Hallsby <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/services/virtualization.scm (xe-guest-utilities-configuration,
>   xe-guest-utilities-service-type): New variables.
> * doc/guix.texi: Document them.
>
> Change-Id: Ife4e79fa6d1a9d5a21bf7479488884f2a5cf8d56

I’m only looking at the doc side of things.  Minor comments:

> +@cindex xen
> +@cindex xen guest agent

“Xen”, capitalized.

> +The Xen guest agent allows a Xen host to control the emulated system.
> +The @code{xe-guest-utilities} service runs the agent on Guix guests.

I’m surprised it’s all “xe-”, not “xen-”, but I guess that’s the way it
is.  :-)

It would be nice to add a sentence or two about what said utilities do,
perhaps with a link to upstream documentation if that helps?

> +@item @code{log-file} (default: @code{"/var/log/xe-guest-utilities.log"})
> +Path to @code{xe-guest-utilities} log file.

“Name of the @code{xe-guest-utilities} log file.”

(We use the term “path” for “search paths”.)

Apart from that LGTM!

Thanks,
Ludo’.