Subject: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Fix DocView with DVI files

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 13:35:43 +0200

Hi,

As for Postscript files in Bug#72193, for DVI, DocView produces PNG
content into SVG pages.  The patch is different from Bug#72193 because
since DVI are translated into PDF in a first stage, we can then use
`doc-view-pdf->png-converter-function' that will create SVG as needed
(if supported).

This patch is to be applied on the emacs-30 branch.

>From 2a9e7305a86b8ed53a06988d54d99600f6d80309 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2024 13:25:49 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix DocView with DVI files

* lisp/doc-view.el (doc-view-pdf/ps->png): Use
`doc-view-pdf->png-converter-function' for DVI too since they
are converted to PDF ealier.
---
 lisp/doc-view.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/doc-view.el b/lisp/doc-view.el
index 65ac6e00768..e7d7ed4a862 100644
--- a/lisp/doc-view.el
+++ b/lisp/doc-view.el
@@ -1328,7 +1328,7 @@ doc-view-pdf/ps->png
   "Convert PDF-PS to PNG asynchronously."
   (funcall
    (pcase doc-view-doc-type
-     ((or 'pdf 'odf 'epub 'cbz 'fb2 'xps 'oxps)
+     ((or 'pdf 'odf 'epub 'cbz 'fb2 'xps 'oxps 'dvi)
       doc-view-pdf->png-converter-function)
      ('djvu #'doc-view-djvu->tiff-converter-ddjvu)
      (_ #'doc-view-ps->png-converter-ghostscript))
-- 
2.45.2

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 27, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.5) of 2024-07-22
 built on computer
Repository revision: 03d83f95c9a6502bf6b85d0b14e47022cf29bd3d
Repository branch: mgi/doc-view
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.5 GENERIC.MP#198 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Diff

Minor modes in effect:
  whitespace-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  exwm-randr-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-randr hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-randr
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xsettings hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xsettings
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-xim hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-xim
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-workspace hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-workspace
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-systemtray hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-systemtray
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-manage hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-manage
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-layout hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-layout
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-input hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-input
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-floating hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-floating
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-core hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-core
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-config hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-config
/home/manuel/prog/elisp/exwm/exwm-background hides /home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/exwm-0.31/exwm-background
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow emacsbug pcmpl-git log-edit dabbrev ps-mode qp gnus-cite
mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml let-alist comp-common vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn sort find-dired smerge-mode diff whitespace
add-log vc-annotate edebug debug backtrace pulse cl-print help-fns
radix-tree misearch multi-isearch ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
imenu display-line-numbers bookmark gnus-topic mm-archive url-cache
utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh network-stream nnfolder nnml
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
nnrss org-indent org-agenda texinfo texinfo-loaddefs flymake-cc flymake
warnings python conf-mode oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id
org-element-ast inline avl-tree ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi gnus-icalendar org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs org-compat org-macs vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util
make-mode view sh-script smie treesit executable mule-util on-screen
vc-dir ewoc vc gnus-dired vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher
bug-reference time battery cus-load desktop frameset exwm-randr
xcb-randr exwm exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating
xcb-cursor xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh
xcb-icccm xcb xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme
ef-themes modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http
url-auth url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message sendmail
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
gmm-utils mailheader ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev
eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base timezone
icalendar gnus nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr
wid-edit web-mode derived disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs slime-asdf grep slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch slime-presentations
bridge slime-macrostep macrostep compat slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt elec-pair edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs use-package-core repeat easy-mmode calfw-autoloads
calfw-cal-autoloads calfw-org-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads
cl-extra help-mode ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads
hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads
osm-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads
xelb-autoloads ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode
register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1183092 357970) (symbols 48 58567 7)
 (strings 32 281428 15397) (string-bytes 1 9646353)
 (vectors 16 183380) (vector-slots 8 2485237 88631)
 (floats 8 704 3581) (intervals 56 48298 9812) (buffers 992 172))

-- 
Manuel Giraud